The busy spring market will be here before you know it. Now’s the time to optimize your schedule – before time is at a premium. Fortunately, we have the tips you need to be more efficient with the time you do have to ensure you make it through the season with as little stress as possible.
- Have a Plan: Instead of tackling your daily tasks as they come your way, start your day by creating a well thought out plan. This will help you get a good look at how your day will pan out, and will mean you won’t get caught off guard, or worse, forget anything.
- Set Time Limits: While some of your daily tasks are time consuming, others can be accomplished quite quickly. Set time limits, and make sure you don’t exceed them to make sure you have enough time to cross every item off your daily to-do list.
- Buy a Planner: Writing down your plan is one way to ensure nothing is left behind! Invest in a daily planner, or use your mobile device to ensure you stay on top of everything.
- Learn to Say No! This is a busy time of year, and knowing what you are capable of and what your priorities are will help you say “no” to the tasks you can tackle during a slower time of the year.
- Set Reminders: Even though you have your plan written down, it is easy to let time escape you. Set fifteen minute reminders that will help you wrap up your previous task, and give you transition time to move on to the next one.
- Reduce Distractions: Whether its getting distracted by noises in your office, people, or your phone, eliminating distractions will help you stay focused and on-task, allowing you to make the most of your time.
- Prioritize: When it comes to time management, this is one of the most important things you can do! Learn to prioritize the important tasks, and let go of the rest!
- Delegate! If there is something on your to-do list that someone else could do better, let them take care of it. This will help take some of the pressure off you so you can focus on the important tasks.